Saturday 13 July 2013

SPORTS:I’ll honour Keshi’s invitation – Osaze


Controversial West Brom  striker Osaze Odemwingie has signalled his readiness to return to the Super Eagles by saying “I’m available anytime”.
Osaze, who has been sidelined by the Baggies after he tried  to force a move to Queen Park Rangers on transfer deadline in January,  has not played for Nigeria  since he featured in a 2013 Nations Cup qualifier against  Rwanda in February 2012. He missed out on a place in the Africa Cup of Nations squad after his Twitter rants against Keshi.
Speaking to NTA during the week,  the 31-year-old, who has been told leave West Brom by manager Steve Clarke, said he would honour invitation to play for his country by Keshi.
“I’m available anytime,” the former Lille forward, who is reportedly wanted by Premier League returnees Crystal Palace for £2.5m, said.
“Everyone can’t be playing at the same time.  I want to play for my country and I will play when invited.”
The former Lokomotiv Moscow star praised the Eagles for winning the Africa Cup of Nations, tipping Nigeria to qualify for next year’s World Cup in Brazil.
Keshi has come under pressure from some Nigerians to invite Osaze and other ostracised players after the country’s poor showing at the Confederations Cup in Brazil.
But the 52-year-old, who helped Nigeria win the Tunisia ’94 Africa Cup of Nations, said he is not considering their return.
“I did not say I will be recalling the likes of Osaze, (Obafemi)  Martins, or Ike Uche, and others because of what happened in Brazil,”  the former Eagles captain was quoted as saying ahead of Nigeria’s   2014 CHAN qualification  match against Ivory Coast in Kaduna on Saturday.
  “We have seen them before, so why will I recall them because of what happened at the Confederations Cup in Brazil? I already have my team for  my remaining matches, please let’s be focused.”
Culled From punch

No comments:

Post a Comment